At Wall Shotz, we pledge to carefully source print materials that offer the highest standard of quality with the least amount of impact to the environment. Over the last two decades, the print industry has made significant strides in reducing the environmental footprint of the printing process. As part of our commitment to Mother Earth, we are constantly researching environmentally-sensitive alternatives to traditional printing. Here are just a few leading-edge printing practices that we have embraced to date:
- Aqueous ink: used on our artist canvas and indoor posters, this ink is recyclable and breaks down easier in landfills.
- Eco-solvent ink: used on our line of Eco Decals and Bio Banners, among others, it has fewer VOCs (volatile organic compounds), producing a product with less fumes and, when completely dry, is an overall safer product for the environment. This solvent allows the media to withstand most New England climes when installed properly.
OUR PRINT MEDIA
- Eco Decals: using Phthalates-free adhesive, this material has passed REACH European testing and is considered more recyclable than traditional adhesives.
- Bio Banners: a biodegradable banner, this non-toxic product breaks down quickly in landfills. LEARN MORE about BioFlex here.
- Smooth Banners: employs 100 % recyclable PET scrim.
- Outdoor Posters: Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)-certified 17 % post-consumer waste (PCW). This product is recyclable and contains no heavy metals.
- Small format products (business cards, postcards, flyers, etc.): we offer 100% recycled stock made with Biogas. These products require less water and energy, thereby producing less waste and air emissions than virgin paper stock.
- Compostable Stickers: Fully compostable, adhesive and all.
- Magnetics: 15% PCW.
- Banner Stands: 100% recyclable.
In addition to the above applications, we make green business part of our daily life. We recycle all applicable waste materials (paper, plastic, cardboard, aluminum, batteries, etc.) and we strive to donate leftover creative materials, such as waste paper, adhesive backed vinyl, and scrap banner (we’re always on the look-out for locations accepting donations—daycare centers, schools, art studios. If we can help your organization, CONTACT WALLSHOTZ)
We have set our targets high for greening our operations and we aspire to employ new, cleaner technologies as they become available. As our culture shifts to more awareness of our environment, we feel the materials manufacturers will offer even better choices. We always have our eyes open to new possibilities.
We hope you’ll check back often to see what we’re working on next!